Atal Tinkering Lab
"Come in ! Tinker; Test; Play; Create; Deconstruct, Rebuild…
The objective of Atal Tinkering Lab is to foster curiosity, creativity, and imagination in young minds and inculcate skills such as design mindset, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing etc. Children at DIS get a chance to work with tools like 3D printer and other tinkering equipment to understand the what, why and how aspects of STEM (Science,Technology, Engineering, and Math). DIS firmly believes in giving a strong foundation to nurture young minds to become innovators of tomorrow.
DIS offers Robotics as an integrated subject for grades VI to X. STEM education is essential in preparing students for today’s world of non-stop innovation. Through the integrated Robotics curriculum, students will learn more than just programming. They will cultivate skills such as leadership, team work and interacting with different technological platforms. The practical sessions will focus on understanding simple machines, micro-controllers, sensor interfacing, programming and the mechanical Design of a robot.
Students are engaged into the learning process using hands-on robotics activities platforms to instill scientific temperament and foster innovation & creativity.The hands-on activity designed are in-line with NCERT National Curriculum Framework.The Tinkering lab at DIS teaches students essential 21st-century skills which help them develop their professional and personal skills.
- 01 Knowledgeable
- We learn through challenging, relevant, significant and engaging curricula.
- We create inspiring, innovative, differentiated learning experiences.
- We share our understandings and apply knowledge to real-life situations.
- We maximize our academic potential.
- We understand that balance is essential for a healthy, fulfilling life.
- We provide an inclusive, compassionate and caring learning environment.
- We nurture the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of our students.
- We encourage students to reflect and take risks in their learning.
- We create an environment where learners are happy, safe and valued.
- We build relationships founded on trust, empathy and respect.
- We are effective communicators who engage in collaborative and innovative learning.
- We are lifelong learners equipped with the skills to adapt and interact within a constantly changing world.
- We enable students to be resilient, happy and independent.
- We are critical, creative thinkers, confident in the application of a variety of approaches to learning.
- We nurture curiosity, developing skills for inquiry and research.
- We are principled, respectful global citizens.
- We effect positive change in our relationships, our community, and the environment.
- We are open-minded to the views, cultures, values and traditions of others.
- We seek opportunities to grow and challenge ourselves.
- We are active participants in the learning process.
- We are active participants in the learning pro Delhi International School at Kompally, Hyderabad is established on the firm belief that "every student matters and every moment counts".
What we instil in our children will be the foundation upon which they build their future.
Sri. P. Madhusudhan Rao
Founder - DIS
An eminent educationist, Sri. P. Madhusudhan Rao has rich experience of more than three decades in the field of Education. His passion for the cause of Education drove him into...Read More